Last week when I was perusing Food Network’s stockpile of chocolate chip cookie recipes (in search of this Alton Brown recipe), I stumbled upon this killer looking recipe from Bobby Flay.
Yìeld : 16 servìngs
Prep Tìme : 10 mìns
Cook Tìme : 50 mìns
Total Tìme : 60 mìns
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 2 cups plus 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 sticks butter, at room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (5-ounce) block high quality semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 (5-ounce) block high quality milk chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Mix together the flour, salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer, mix the butter until smooth.
- Add the sugars and mix until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing in between additions. Mix in the vanilla.
- Mix in half of the flour mixture until just combined. Add the rest of the flour mixture and mix again until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate.
- Use a large cookie scoop or an ice cream scoop to scoop out the dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Only put 6 cookies at a time on the baking sheet to allow for spreading.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes until golden around the edges. Let cool on baking sheet before moving to a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Recìpe adapted from : @ Bobby Flay Throw-Down Cookies