A warm, hearty soup is what we crave from September through March and this is the one we turn to time and time again. It's simple, filling, and full of flavor. This soup is so easy to throw together and is great way to use the bone from your spiral ham. If you would rather make this vegetarian just leave out the ham bone and use vegetable broth instead!
Yìeld : 6 servìngs
Prep Tìme : 15 mìns
Cook Tìme : 260 mìns
Total Tìme : 275 mìns
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 1 lb. split peas (about 2 c.)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 ham bone
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a slow cooker combine split peas, onion, carrots, celery, garlic, thyme, ginger, and red pepper flakes. . Pour broth over and add ham bone. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook on high for 4 to 5 hours or low for 6 to 8, until peas are completely soft.
Get full recìpe vìsìt : @ Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup