This Baileys Chocolate Poke Cake is made with a moist Baileys chocolate cake soaked in more chocolate and Baileys Irish Cream!
Yìeld : 10 servìngs
Prep Tìme : 30 mìns
Cook Tìme : 45 mìns
Total Tìme : 75 mìns
BAILEYS CHOCOLATE CAKE
- 2 cups 260g all purpose flour
- 2 cups 414g sugar
- 3/4 cup 85g natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup 180ml milk
- 1 cup 240ml vegetable oil
- 1 cup 240ml Baileys Irish Cream, divided
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup 180ml boiling water
- 1 cup 240ml sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup 127g semi sweet chocolate chips
WHIPPED CREAM TOPPING
- 2 cups 480 heavy whipping cream, cold
- 3/4 cup 86g powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup 29g natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp 30ml Baileys Irish Cream, optional
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Mini chocolate chips
- Chocolate sauce
- Prepare a 9×13 inch cake pan by greasing the sides. Preheat oven to 300°F (148°C).
- Add all dry ingredients to a large bowl and combine.
- Add eggs, milk, vegetable oil, 1/2 cup of Irish cream and vanilla to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Slowly pour the water into the batter, mixing well and being careful of splashing.
- Pour the batter into the cake pan and bake for about 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out with a few crumbs.
- Remove the cake from the oven and poke holes all over. I use a knife sharpening rod, but you could also use a straw.
- While the cake is still warm, add the chocolate chips to a medium sized bowl. Set aside.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk and remaining 1/2 cup of Irish cream to a microwave safe measuring cup. Heat heat the milk and cream until they begin to boil, then pour over the chocolate chips.
- Whisk the chocolate until smooth, then immediately pour over the cake, spreading it into the holes. Don’t let the mixture sit before pouring it over the cake or it’ll start to thicken and not soak in the holes as well.
- Set the cake in the fridge to cool and soak.
- When the cake has cooled, add the ingredients for the whipped cream topping to a large mixer bowl. Whip on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Spread the whipped cream evenly over the cake. Top the cake with mini chocolate chips and a drizzle of chocolate sauce, if desired. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Recìpe adapted from : @ Baileys Chocolate Poke Cake