This vegan red bell pepper pasta is super easy to make and it's SO comforting! The sauce is packed with flavor and it's incredibly creamy. I love serving it with fettuccine and sprinkle it with fresh parsley and red pepper flakes.
Yield : 2 servings
Prep Time : 5 mins
Cook Time : 5 mins
Total Time : 10 mins
- For the creamy red bell pepper sauce:
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 red onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1 cup unsweetened almond or soy milk (make sure the milk you use is unsweetened)
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper, to taste
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika powder
- Additional ingredients:
- 9 oz fettuccine
- chopped fresh parsley, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F. Cut the red bell peppers and the onion into stripes. Together with the garlic, place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, cook the fettuccine according to the instructions on the package. Set aside.
- Get the bell pepper, the onion, and the garlic out of the oven and place them in a high speed blender together with the remaining ingredients and process until smooth.
- Pour the red bell pepper sauce into a saucepan and heat it up for a couple of minutes. Stir in the cooked fettuccine and serve immediately. Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley and more red pepper flakes if you like. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from : @ https://veganheaven.org