You'll love this easy crock pot recipe for Tuscan Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs! This Tuscan chicken recipe has tender slow cooked chicken, spinach and sun-dried tomatoes in a creamy sauce.
Yield : 6 servings
Prep Time : 15 mins
Cook Time : 240 mins
Total Time : 255 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1.5 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs about 6 thighs
- 1 shallot chopped, about 1/2 cup
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sun dried tomatoes not in oil
- 1/3 cup heavy cream or coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cups fresh spinach chopped
- grated Parmesan cheese optional, for serving
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet on the stove over medium high heat. When the pan is hot, add the chicken thighs. Sprinkle with some salt and pepper. Brown on both sides, 2-4 minutes per side.
- Transfer chicken to the slow cooker.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the shallot to the pan. Saute, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Add the garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
- Pour the chicken broth into the pan and cook for 1 minutes, gently scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Turn off the heat.
- Transfer the contents of the pan to the slow cooker.
- Add the Italian seasoning, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and sun dried tomatoes to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high heat for 2-2.5 hours or low for 4-5 hours, until chicken is cooked to an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cream and cornstarch. Stir it into the slow cooker, along with the spinach. Cook for 5 minutes, until the sauce is slightly thickened.
- Serve with grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Recipe adapted from : @ https://kristineskitchenblog.com