Tuna Macaroni Salad is a classic favorite. This recipe that comes out perfect every single time! Just a couple secret ingredients that makes it so good!
Yield : 10 servings
Prep Time : 10 mins
Cook Time : 10 mins
Total Time : 20 mins
- 1 16 oz box elbow macaroni
- 3 5 oz cans tuna packed in water, drained well
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1 tbsp celery seed
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- Cook macaroni according to directions on package.
- While pasta is cooking, drain cans of tuna well.
- Chop hard boiled eggs and shallot.
- In a separate bowl, combine mayonnaise, relish, celery seed, lemon juice, salt & pepper.
- Stir well to combine.
- Stir in tuna.
- Once macaroni is cooked, drain well and rinse with cold water until pasta has cooled.
- Pour drained macaroni into a large bowl.
- Pour mayonnaise mixture onto pasta.
- Then add chopped eggs and shallot, followed by thawed peas.
- Stir well.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap.
- Put bowl into the fridge for a couple of hours, then serve.
Recipe adapted from : @ https://www.thecountrycook.net