BAKED Easy Stuffed Pepper Casserole made with green peppers! This dinner dish uses my Mother’s famous stuffed pepper recipe but I turned it into a casserole to make it quicker and easier. It’s filled with ground beef, green peppers, diced tomatoes, rice and smothered in mozzarella cheese.
Yield : 4 servings
Prep Time : 15 mins
Cook Time : 60 mins
Total Time : 75 mins
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 large green peppers chopped
- 12 spinach leaves ripped
- 14 oz diced tomatoes
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup long grain rice uncooked
- 3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a skillet, add your garlic and ground beef and cook until browned.
- Transfer your beef and garlic into a casserole baking dish.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except the mozzarella cheese. Stir to combine.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees for 75 minutes.
- Take out of the oven, sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top and bake 5 minutes more.
Recipe adapted from : @ https://brooklynfarmgirl.com