Delicious, hearty, and full of nutritious ingredients – Spinach and White Bean Soup is good for you and has just the right balance of vegetables, protein, and carbohydrates. A well rounded, feel-good, dinner for all!
Yield : 8 servings
Prep Time : 10 mins
Cook Time : 20 mins
Total Time : 30 mins
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large white onion finely diced
- 1 teaspoon thyme dried
- 1 teaspoon basil dried
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups water
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup uncooked pasta such as orzo or tripoline
- 3 cups baby spinach roughly chopped
- 2 cups cooked navy beans
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup fresh parsley chopped
- In a heavy bottomed stock pot, over medium heat, add the olive oil and onions. Sauté for five minutes until the onions are translucent but not browned.
- Add the salt, pepper, garlic, thyme, bay leaves, and basil. Stir to combine and cook for two minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock and water; bring to a boil.
- Add the pasta and stir to combine. Allow the pasta to cook for six to eight minutes.
- Next, add the navy beans and spinach. Stir to combine.
- Cook for two more minutes or until pasta is cooked and the spinach has wilted.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the chopped parsley.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from : @ http://www.lordbyronskitchen.com