This is a Baklava cheesecake. Pistachio and Pecan shortbread crust, a creamy honey cheesecake filling, topped with a baklava layer, soaked in honey syrup. The best dessert you’ve ever had!
Yield : 10 servings
Prep Time : 10 mins
Cook Time : 50 mins
Total Time : 60 mins
3/4 cup butter, room temperature
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1 1/2 cups flour
1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
2 tablespoons butter
1 pkg. (11-12 oz) milk chocolate chips
1 1/3 cups Toffee Bits
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line a 9×13 pan with foil and spray lightly with nonstick spray.
- SHORTBREAD CRUST:
- Beat butter and sugar together until combined, 1-2 minutes (A stand mixer or hand mixer is fine. I use my KitchenAid stand mixer for these. Add flour and mix until combined (mixture will be on the dry side).
- Press into prepared pan. Bake for 15 minutes until lightly golden. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- While crust is cooking, heat sweetened condensed milk and butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir until butter is melted and mixture is smooth. Pour over slightly-cooled shortbread crust. Bake 12-15 minutes until filling is bubbly and lightly browned. Remove from oven and turn oven off.
- Immediately sprinkle milk chips on top of filling when it comes out of the oven. Place back in warm oven for 2 minutes until chips are shiny and soft. Carefully spread the chips over the filling with an off-set spatula.
- Sprinkle with toffee bits, pressing into milk chocolate.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into squares. (I let mine cool several hours or sometimes overnight.)
Recipe adapted from : @ http://www.5boysbaker.com