This amazing breakfast casserole is great for holiday breakfasts and tastes like eating sausage gravy over biscuits but in casserole form!
Yield : 12 servings
Prep Time : 20 mins
Cook Time : 75 mins
Total Time : 95 mins
- 1 1/2 containers Pillsbury Buttermilk Grands, Jr. refrigerated biscuits 18 total ounces
- 1 lb. mild pork sausage cooked and drained
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 2.75 oz. pkg. Pioneer sausage-flavored peppered gravy mix
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut biscuits in fourths.
- Place in the bottom of a greased 9x13” baking dish.
- Crumble cooked sausage over top.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese over top.
- Combine eggs and milk.
- Pour evenly over top of cheese in casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Prepare gravy mix according to package directions.
- Once thickened, spread over top of the cheese mixture in baking dish.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake at 350° approximately one hour or until bubbly and cooked through.
Recipe adapted from : @ https://cantstayoutofthekitchen.com