An easy Instant Pot Mexican shredded chicken that’s full of flavor and perfect to have on hand for shredded tacos, burritos, tostadas and more.
Yield : 8 servings
Prep Time : 5 mins
Cook Time : 30 mins
Total Time : 35 mins
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (frozen or thawed)
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp marjoram
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 2 Tbsp tomato sauce
- 2 medium roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 C. chicken broth
- 1 tsp salt, or more to taste
- 1/4 C. cilantro, chopped
- In your Instant Pot, add the oil, chicken, garlic, onion, black pepper, cumin, marjoram, chili powder, tomato sauce, and roma tomatoes.
- Pour over the chicken broth.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot, and close the valve. Set the timer for 28 minutes (if using frozen chicken), and 18 minutes (for thawed chicken).
- After the pot beeps finished, quick release and shred the chicken with two forks and return to the pot.
- Add salt (to taste).
- Serve in corn tortillas, burritos or tostadas and garnish with cilantro.
Recipe adapted from : @ https://www.thecentsableshoppin.com