Grilled Moroccan Chicken has become one of my go-to chicken recipes! It’s bursting with so many bright, aromatic flavors and it’s one of the tastiest chicken recipes you’ll have ever tried! Just be sure to allow enough time to marinade so chicken can really soak up that flavor.
Yield : 4 servings
Prep Time : 10 mins
Cook Time : 10 mins
Total Time : 20 mins
- 4 (6 oz) boneless skinless chicken breasts*
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic (3 cloves)
- 1 Tbsp peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for serving
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pound thicker parts of a chicken breasts with the flat side of a meat mallet to even out their thickness.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, ginger, cumin, coriander, paprika, cinnamon, turmeric and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper (about 3/4 - 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper).
- Place chicken in a gallon size resealable bag. Pour marinade over chicken and seal bag while pressing out excess air.
- Rub marinade over chicken breasts (and make sure marinade goes between chicken breasts). Transfer to refrigerator and allow to marinate at least 2 hours and up to 8 hours.
- Preheat a grill over medium-high heat to about 425 degrees.
- Grill chicken until center registers 165 degrees on an instant read thermometer, about 4 minutes per side for 6 oz chicken breasts.
- Transfer to plate then cover and keep warm and let rest about 5 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve warm.
Recipe adapted from : @ https://www.cookingclassy.com