These Raspberry Oatmeal Bars are a must try! You'll love the few simple ingredients that come together to make a delicious crust and crumble layered with fresh raspberries.
Yield : 16 servings
Prep Time : 10 mins
Cook Time : 30 mins
Total Time : 40 mins
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- Raspberry Filling
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- Crust & Crumble Topping
- 6 Tablespoons butter melted (you can substitute coconut oil)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups white whole wheat flour
- 1½ cups old fashioned oats not instant
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line the bottom of an 8x8 pan with parchment paper, foil or with cooking spray.
- To make the crust & crumble, place whole wheat flour, regular oats, honey, brown sugar, ground nutmeg and salt in a large bowl and mix. Stir in melted butter and vanilla until just combined. Mixture should be a little dry and crumbly. Reserve 1 cup of the mixture, this will be your crumble topping.
- Add the oat mixture to the prepared baking pan. Press mixture into the bottom of the pan in an even layer.
- Mash fresh raspberries and then spread over oat mixture.
- Evenly sprinkle the remaining crumble mixture over the top of the raspberries.
- Bake the bars for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove the bars from the pan and let sit for 10 minutes. Cut and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from : @ Easy Raspberry Oatmeal Bars