Chicken Pot Pie casserole is the ultimate comfort food! Vegetables and chicken simmer in a cream cheese chicken broth, and then it’s topped with flaky buttermilk biscuits. Creamy, warm, comforting, and down home goodness in one casserole pan.
Yield : 8 servings
Prep Time : 20 mins
Cook Time : 25 mins
Total Time : 45 mins
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 white or yellow onion (finely diced)
- 3 yukon gold potatoes (peeled and chopped small)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves (minced, pressed, or use garlic paste)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14.5 oz) chicken broth
- 1 bar (8 oz) cream cheese (cubed)
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cups shredded or chunked chicken (I use a rotisserie)
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 tube (8 biscuits) flaky buttermilk bisucits
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9x13 baking dish by spraying with cooking spray.
- In a large pan, over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add carrots, celery, onion, and potatoes, salt & pepper. Sauté for 8-10 minutes or until softened. Add the garlic and cook for an additional 1 minute.
- Add flour, chicken broth, and cream cheese. Stir and let cook for an additional 5 minutes, or until everything is combined and cream cheese is melted.
- Stir in chicken and peas and mix to combine. Pour into the prepared dish.
- Cut each biscuit (8 biscuits total) into 6 smaller pieces. I cut the biscuit in half and then cut each half into 3 pieces. Lay the cut biscuits on top of the creamy pot pie mixture.
- Brush melted butter over the biscuits and sprinkle with the parmesan cheese.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until biscuits are cooked through and golden brown on top.
Recipe adapted from : @ https://togetherasfamily.com