This easy Chicken Enchilada Casserole is layers of tasty ingredients. Treat your family to this delicious meal and it'll quickly become a fan favorite!
Yield : 10 servings
Prep Time : 10 mins
Cook Time : 55 mins
Total Time : 65 mins
- 2 cups enchilada sauce
- 8 8-inch flour tortillas
- 2 lbs chicken shredded
- ¼ cup taco seasoning
- ½ cup yellow onion diced
- 12 ounces cheddar cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place shredded chicken, onions, taco seasoning and a ¼ cup of water into a skillet and cook over medium-high heat for 5 minutes until the liquid has mostly disappeared.
- In a greased, 11x9 casserole dish add a ½ cup of the enchilada sauce to the bottom and then place two tortillas on top of it so that they cover the bottom of the dish.
- Place 1/3 of the chicken on top of the tortillas, followed by ½ cup of the enchilada sauce, and 1 cup of cheese.
- Repeat steps to create two more layers.
- Place the final two tortillas on top and pour remaining enchilada sauce over it followed by cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
Recipe adapted from : @ https://realhousemoms.com