Cake-like batter with a cream cheese layer, fresh raspberries and sliced almonds! This Almond Raspberry Coffee Cake Recipe is going to become your new favorite easy coffee cake recipe for breakfast, brunch or as a dessert.
Yield : 10 servings
Prep Time : 10 mins
Cook Time : 30 mins
Total Time : 40 mins
- coffee cake-
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 Tbsp butter, room temp
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup oil
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 cup flour
- 10 oz raspberries
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- cream cheese layer-
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Prepare a 10" springform pan. Add parchment to the bottom of the pan. Close sides. Butter sides and bottom of the pan.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine eggs, sugar, and softened butter. Mix 2 minutes.
- In another bowl, combine and sour cream, oil, and lemon juice. Mix1 minutes.
- Add the sour cream mixture to the egg mixture. Give a quick mix.
- Mix together the flour and baking powder. Add half of the flour, mix. Add the remaining flour, mix again.
- In a bowl combine sugar and cream cheese, and mix.
- Pour about ¾ of the cake batter into the springform pan, spreading evenly. Add cream cheese layer distributing it evenly.
- Add 6 oz of the raspberries, pushing them down into the cream cheese layer.
- Add remaining batter into the pan, spread evenly. Add sliced almonds over cake, add remaining raspberries on top pushing them in (I sliced my raspberries in half).
- Bake 40-50 minutes. Test readiness with a toothpick. It should come out clean if inserted into the center of the cake.
- Once cooled, add powdered sugar to the top. Enjoy with a cup of coffee or tea.
Recipe adapted from : @ https://valentinascorner.com