This vegan jambalaya with beans and vegetables is the ultimate comfort food from the South! It's super easy to make, so delicious and packed with proteins!
Yield : 4 servings
Prep Time : 7 mins
Cook Time : 8 mins
Total Time : 15 mins
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into medium-sized chunks
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 2 vegan andouille sausages, roughly chopped (you could also use vegan Italian or Mexican sausages instead)
- 3 cups leftover cooked parboiled rice (=1.5 cups uncooked rice)
- 1 can (14 oz) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (14 oz) kidney beans, drained
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika powder
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco
- salt, to taste
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- 2 green onions, cut into rings
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- In a large pan, heat some oil and sauté the red onion for about 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another minute. Then add the bell pepper, the celery, and the vegan sausage. Cook for another 3 minutes.
- Stir in the cooked rice, the kidney beans, the crushed tomatoes, the spices, the soy sauce, and the Tabasco and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and cayenne pepper and stir in the green onions and the chopped parsley.
Recipe adapted from : @ https://veganheaven.org