Shrimp and Asparagus are cooked together in individual foil packs in a rich buttery sauce. The bright lemon pairs perfectly here and the garlic adds so much flavor. Cook them on the grill or in the oven.
Yіeld : 4 servings
Prep Tіme : 12 mіns
Cook Tіme : 10 mіns
Totаl Tіme : 22 mіns
- 1 1/2 lbs large (21/25) shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 Tbsp dry white wine or chicken broth
- 4 tsp minced garlic (4 cloves)
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 Tbsp butter diced into small cubes
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 lb medium thickness asparagus woody ends trimmed
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat (about 400 - 425 degrees).
- Cut 4 sheets of 14 by 12-inch heavy duty aluminum foil then lay each piece separately on countertop.
- Divide shrimp among packs near center then place asparagus to one side of the shrimp (going the long direction of the foil).
- Pour 1/2 Tbsp white wine over each. Sprinkle over garlic (1 tsp per packet) and lemon zest then season with salt and pepper.
- Divide butter pieces evenly among packets layering them over the shrimp and asparagus.
- Wrap packets in and crimp edges together then wrap ends up (don't wrap too tight - keep a little extra space inside for heat to circulate).
- Grill, sealed side upward, until shrimp has cooked through, about 9 - 10 minutes.
- Carefully unwrap then drizzle with lemon juice (or just serve with lemon wedges for spritzing) and sprinkle with parsley.
Recipe adapted from : @ https://www.cookingclassy.com