This Rice and Beans Quesarito is so incredibly satisfying, no one would ever guess it’s entirely vegan, gluten free. Easy to make at home, perfect family food.
Recipe adapted from : @ https://www.contentednesscooking.com
Yіeld : 4 servings
Prep Tіme : 5 mіns
Cook Tіme : 5 mіns
Totаl Tіme : 10 mіns
- 1 batch black beans, prepared from the Mexican Fiesta Cauliflower Rice
- 3 cups rice, cooked
- 8 large tortillas (I used gf)
- 2 cups vegan cheese shreds
- 1 batch 3 Ingredient Vegan Cheese Sauce, prepared
- salt, pepper to taste
- Optional adds ons:
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbs Salsa
- For each quesarito you will need two tortillas, so 8 in total for 4 servings. You will also need a large skillet to prepare them.
- Heat a non-stick skillet large enough for the tortillas on medium heat. Place one tortilla into it, sprinkle vegan cheese on top and coverwith a second tortilla. Press them carefully, and heat for 2 minutes. Flip them around in the pan and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Take the quesadila out of the pan and let cool down a bit so you can handle it. Give about 4 Tbs of the rice and bean mixture, sprinkle some vegan cheese sauce top.
- Add some of the optional cherry tomatoes and salsa, if you like. Fold the quesarito.
- Repeat these with the other tortillas until you get 4 servings.