Poppy Seed Chicken and Grape Pasta Salad is a fun and flavorful pasta salad to add to your lunch or dinner menu! You get tender bowtie pasta, hearty pieces of chicken, sweet grapes, crisp celery and crunchy almonds all coated with an irresistible creamy poppy seed dressing. It’s just so good!
Recipe adapted from : @ https://www.cookingclassy.com
Yіeld : 9 servings
Prep Tіme : 15 mіns
Cook Tіme : 10 mіns
Totаl Tіme : 25 mіns
- 10 oz. bow tie pasta (about 4 cups)
- 2 cups cooked and cooled, diced chicken breasts (I used rotisserie)
- 12 oz. red grapes halved (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup diced celery
- 3/4 cup Fisher Sliced Almonds
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions green portion
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries (optional)
- 1/2 cup fat free plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 cup full fat mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp white wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp poppy seeds
- 1/2 tsp salt then more to taste
- Cook pasta to al dente in salted boiling water according to directions on package.
- Drain then rinse with cold water and let drain completely. Set aside and let cool.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, vinegar, honey, sugar, poppy seeds and 1/2 salt.
- Add drained pasta to a salad bowl along with chicken, grapes, celery, almonds, green onions and cranberries.
- Pour dressing over top and toss to evenly coat. Season with more salt to taste and toss.
- Chill at least 30 minutes (and up to 1 day) before serving (this allows some time for the pasta to absorb the dressing and time for the flavors to meld). Serve chilled.