Moroccan Sweet Potato and Lentil Soup - This is a healthy, hearty vegetarian soup that's so delicious no one will even miss the meat! It's packed with nutritious ingredients and exciting flavors that are sure to leave you craving more!
Recipe adapted from : @ https://www.cookingclassy.com
Yіeld : 4 servings
Prep Tіme : 15 mіns
Cook Tіme : 40 mіns
Totаl Tіme : 55 mіns
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped yellow onion
- 1 large carrot, diced (1/2 cup)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (1 Tbsp)
- 2 tsp peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 6 cups low-sodium vegetable broth, then more if desired
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 (16 oz) large sweet potato, peeled and diced into 1/2-inch cubes (3 cups)
- 1 cup brown lentils, picked over and rinsed
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat 2 Tbsp olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and carrot and saute 4 minutes.
- Add garlic and ginger and saute 1 minute longer. Add remaining 1 Tbsp olive oil, cumin, coriander, turmeric, paprika and cinnamon.
- Saute 1 minute. Stir in vegetable broth, tomatoes, sweet potatoes and lentils. Season with salt to taste.
- Bring to a light boil then reduce heat to medium-low, cover pot and allow to simmer, stirring occasionally until sweet potatoes are soft and lentils are tender, about 25 - 30 minutes.
- Thin with up to 1 more cup of broth if desired. Stir in half of the cilantro then serve with remaining cilantro.