A rich and creamy chicken alfredo made with a dairy-free cashew alfredo sauce and tender spaghetti squash "noodles." Shockingly good.
Yіeld : 4 servings
Prep Tіme : 5 mіns
Cook Tіme : 10 mіns
Totаl Tіme : 15 mіns
- Dairy Free Alfredo Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews
- 3/4-1 cup water or unsweetened almond milk
- 2 cloves garlic peeled
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Healthy Chicken Alfredo
- 2 medium chicken breasts
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or olive oil, plus more as needed
- 28 ounces cooked spaghetti squash from about 1 large spaghetti squash
- fresh parsley chopped
- Make the chicken:
- Season the chicken breasts on both sides with plenty of salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon avocado oil over medium-high heat, then carefully add chicken breasts to pan. Cook 8-9 minutes total for medium chicken breasts and 9-10 minutes for large chicken breasts, flipping once in between cooking time. Add a little more oil to pan if necessary.
- When cooked through, remove from pan and let rest 5 minutes. Then slices into strips against the grain.
- Make the dairy-free alfredo sauce:
- In a high-speed blender, combine all ingredients. Blend until completely smooth and hot. If your blender does not heat contents, transfer sauce to saucepan and heat over low heat.
- Assemble the healthy chicken alfredo:
- Heat the spaghetti squash through, either in the microwave or in a large skillet, then top with the dairy-free alfredo sauce and sliced chicken. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and more freshly cracked black pepper.
Recipe adapted from : @ https://40aprons.com