Dinner doesn't get much better than this delicious comfort food casserole! It's packed with carrots, green pepper and onion and uses easy ingredients like leftover rotisserie chicken, rice a roni and cream of chicken soup!
Yield : 6 servings
Prep Time : 10 mins
Cook Time : 30 mins
Total Time : 40 mins
- 1- 6.9 ounce box chicken rice a roni
- 1 cup carrots, sliced
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, finely diced
- 1- 10.5 ounce can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups cooked rotisserie chicken breast, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 baking dish.
- Cook the rice a roni according to package directions, adding the carrots, green pepper and onion in the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Stir in the cream soup, sour cream, chicken breast and black pepper. Remove from heat.
- Spread the rice mixture evenly in the baking dish. Cover with cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes then serve!
Recipe adapted from : @ https://www.hoteatsandcoolreads.com