Classic Braised Beef Short Ribs are cooked low and slow until they reach fall-off-the-bone deliciousness. This simple dish is a classic that is full of comfort food flavor.
Yield : 4 servings
Prep Time : 10 mins
Cook Time : 150 mins
Total Time : 160 mins
- 6 (about 4 pounds) bone-in short ribs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 white onion diced
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Season all sides of the short ribs with salt and pepper.
- Heat a heavy, oven-safe pot over high heat. Add in olive oil and allow to heat briefly. Sear short ribs in olive oil, about 1 minute per side. Remove from pot and set aside.
- Add in onion and saute 2 to 3 minutes. Add in garlic and saute 1 minute more.
- Pour in beef broth and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a simmer. Add in meat. Place a rosemary sprig on top.
- Cover and transfer to preheated oven for about 2.5 hours, until meat is tender.
Recipe adapted from :