Cheesy Bacon and Egg Breakfast Bombs are soft and tender portable poppers, stuffed with smoky bacon, scrambled eggs and ooey gooey cheese! This scrumptious recipe is the pull apart breakfast of your dreams!
Recipe adapted from : @ https://www.theslowroasteditalian.com
Yіeld : 8 servings
Prep Tіme : 10 mіns
Cook Tіme : 20 mіns
Totаl Tіme : 30 mіns
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pound Jones Dairy Farm Cherrywood Smoked Sliced Bacon
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- pinch black pepper
- 16 frozen dinner yeast roll dough balls
- flour (to dust counter)
- 8 ounces shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1 medium jalapeno, diced
- 1/4 cup roasted red peppers, diced
- Garlic Herb Butter
- Prepare bacon. I love my bacon in the oven. Bake at 400ºF on a baking sheet. Cook 15-25 minutes or until desired crispness is reached. Remove from oven. Allow to cool and chop into bite size pieces.
- Meanwhile: Prepare the eggs. In a medium bowl combine eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Whisk until completely combined. Spray a small skillet with non-stick cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium heat. Add the egg mixture and stir occasionally until the eggs are scrambled, and no liquid is left in the pan, about 3-4 minutes. Do not cook until they are completely dry, or they will be very dry in the breakfast bomb. Set aside to cool.
- Place dinner rolls on a microwave safe plate and microwave on defrost for about 3-4 minutes (or until dough is no longer frozen, but not cooked). Butter a 9" pie plate or a 9"x9" baking pan and set aside.
- Lightly flour your counter top. Toss 1 piece of dough in flour and flatten and stretch like you are making a mini pizza. Stretch dough to about 3-4” across.
- Sprinkle a tablespoon of cheese over the dough and press into the dough with the palm of your hand. Top with one tablespoon eggs, one tablespoon bacon, 1/2 teaspoon jalapenos and 1/2 teaspoon red peppers onto the center of the dough round. Pull the top and bottom edges of the dough together and then add the left and right edges. Pinch the dough together to create a ball. If the ball won’t seal, tap your finger tips into the flour and then crimp the seal together. Place dough ball in prepared dish. Repeat until all breakfast bombs are in the dish.
- Spray a piece of plastic wrap with non-stick spray, place the wrap sprayed side down on the breakfast bombs. Refrigerate until morning or proceed with instructions immediately (cook time will be about 30-35 minutes if not refrigerated).
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Remove baking dish from the refrigerator, remove plastic wrap. Bake for 40-45 minutes until the tops are golden brown and the breakfast bombs are no longer doughy. You can pull one of the edge pieces out and if it is still doughy cook it for another 5 minutes. Cover with foil if the tops start getting too brown (I covered mine at 25 minutes).
- Meanwhile: in a small bowl melt butter in the microwave, about 30 seconds or until butter is melted. Add garlic, parsley and salt. Stir with a pastry brush. Remove breakfast bombs from the oven. Brush them with melted butter mixture.