Cheeseburger and Fries Casserole is layers of flavor with ground beef, frozen French fries and gooey, melted cheese. An All-American family favorite!
Yіeld : 6 servings
Prep Tіme : 20 mіns
Cook Tіme : 35 mіns
Totаl Tіme : 55 mіns
FOR THE CASSEROLE:
- 1 pound ground beef
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped dill pickle
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 1/2 bag frozen shoestring french fries
- garlic powder
- shredded lettuce
- diced tomatoes
- Thousand Island dressing
- Spray a 2 quart (11 x 7) baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350f degrees.
- In a skillet, brown ground beef with onion, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Drain excess fat from the ground beef.
- Mix the pickles into the ground beef.
- Spoon the mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Whisk together eggs, mayo and half and half. Pour egg mixture over the beef mixture.
- Sprinkle 1 cup shredded cheese over beef mixture in pie pan and
- Season again with salt and pepper.
- Top with frozen french fries.
- Season french fries with salt, pepper and a sprinkling of garlic powder.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until french fries are crispy. Note: If you want your fries to be crispier, just place the dish under the broiler for a few minutes.
- Top with remaining cup of shredded cheese.
- Return to the oven until cheese is melted.
- Slice and serve topped with shredded lettuce and tomato.
- Optional: Drizzle a little Thousand Island dressing on top or ketchup and mustard!
Recipe adapted from : @ https://www.thecountrycook.net